Jun 26, 2007

Go Cubs Go!

We had such a fantastic trip to Chicago June 11 - 14. The main reason was to see the Cubs since they were playing the Mariners--Doug's cousin Sara's husband is their bullpen catcher. So we went to see Brian, though we had to stay very true to the Hammers and root for the Cubbies! He didn't hold it against us... especially once he saw "C-dawg" (as Brian would say) in his little Cubs cap.

Go Cubs!
The Hammers, Brian and Ellis just outside the visitor clubhouse
So we did get a pretty awesome and rare opportunity. We happened to drop Brian off at the players entrance and they let us park right nearby and then proceeded to ask us if we wanted to come see the ballpark early... about an hour and a half before they let the public in. They sent us along with a Cubs staff member to give us a little tour. It was pretty neat to see Wrigley empty. We were the only ones there beside the staff and ball players. Needless to say, Doug was a little excited about all of this!
Ah, Wrigley Field...
Brian gave us some real Major League baseballs as souvenirs. Carson wouldn't put that ball down... he had to carry it all over the stadium with him!
This is my absolute favorite picture
And a close second.
Dad & Carson in an empty Wrigley
Mom & Carson making the rounds
Brian, Doug & Carson
Brian
Brian & The Hammers
Little Cubs Fan
Our view Tuesday nights game behind home plate
I realized later I snapped this picture just as the pitcher released the ball to Ichiro Suzuki
The Cubs didn't win in the 13 inning game, but it was a GREAT day! We visited Shedd Aquarium before heading back to the ballpark again for the Wednesday night game
Looking out at Lake Michigan
And back to the ballpark for round 2...
these pictures all pretty much speak for themselves



Carson was quite the crowd pleaser Our seats were a lot closer to home plate Wednesday night. It was awesome! I pieced this picture together from 3 photos to show the crowd of some 40,200 people that night. Small here, but if you click on it, you'll see what I mean.

And the Cubs won!
I think we have a Cubs fan for life.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

What an adorable family and a great experience for you guys! Great pics you got too, I enjoyed looking at them.
Go Cardinals! Oops, I mean Cubs!

Unknown said...

You have just scrapbooked your summer vacation on line! Nice job. I'm sharing this with your ex-fellow co-workers. I know they'll love looking at this pix too!

And, Doug, congratulations on the Golf Magazine layout. Nice stuff.

Sue N.